After a cathartic reunion special from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Janet Hubert has joined the TBS comedy The Last OG for season 4, our sister site Deadline reports.
The series stars Tracy Morgan as Tray Barker, an ex-con man who is shocked at how much the world has changed when he is released from a 15-year prison. Hubert will play Miss May Miller, one of Roberta’s oldest and dearest friends. They’re “part of a weekly four-player card that weighs the comes and go of trays of battling for positive change in his community,” according to Deadline.
Hubert is best known for her role as Original Vivian “Aunt Viv” Banks on Fresh Prince. Her recent TV credits include General Hospital, If Loving You Is Wrong, and One Life to Live.
Ready for more of today’s new nuggets? Well…
* Netflix ‘Outer Banks has selected Carlacia Grant (Greenleaf) as Cleo, a fearless Nassau girl and formidable artsy dodger whose world collides with the Pogues, for season two.
* Rob Delaney (Catastrophe) has joined the upcoming Showtime drama The Man Who Fell to Earth and stars as Hatch Flood, the “ner-do-well” of a prominent tech family whose obsession with the work of a previous star’s visitor caused them him to lose everything including his family. “
* Paramount + ‘s Why Women Kill cast Rachel Bay Jones (God Made Me Friends) in a recurring role for Season 2 per Deadline. She will play Maisie, a “chanteuse” at a local club who is friends with her vet (Nick Frost).
* Amazon Prime has released a trailer for Borat Supplemental Reportings, retrieved from the bottom of a stable processing machine, a multi-part special with never-before-seen footage from Borat Subsequent Movie:
* Peacock has released a teaser for We Are Lady Parts, a British musical comedy “that follows a Muslim punk band called Lady Parts on a mission to find a lead guitarist and maybe, just maybe, get a real gig.”
Which of today’s TVLine articles are you interested in?