Ray Fisher is once again upset about WarnerMedia and how their company deals with social justice and racial relations. Former police officer Derek Michael Chauvin was found guilty of the death of George Floyd today and convicted of murder on all counts. Shortly after the verdict was read, WarnerMedia posted a response on social media, which you can see in the media conglomerate’s tweet below.
– WarnerMedia (@WarnerMedia) April 20, 2021 “WORK CONTINUES. While this ruling doesn’t bring back those we wrongly lost, we know it brings us closer to meaningful change. We reaffirm our commitment to part of it to be the solution we use to buy our platforms, content and resources to advance racial equality and social justice. ”
That statement didn’t go well with the cyborg actor Ray Fisherwho accused Joss Whedon of abuse and misconduct on the set of Warner Bros. and the Justice League from DC Films during the re-shoots. An investigation was conducted, but Fisher never felt that justice on the matter was fully fulfilled. He has continued to lead a crusade against the studio and various people within the company. Things seemed to improve when the actor claimed that Cyborg could return in The Flash if Warner Bros. apologized to him.
Ray Fisher was originally supposed to play The Lightning Film alongside Ezra Miller. But after the allegations came and an investigation was opened, Warner Bros. decided to cut ties with Fisher. It was never revealed if the character of Cyborg was cut from The Flash or if a rewrite took place behind the scenes. Fischer’s appearance in the film now seems less likely after he tweeted his angry response on WarnerMedia.
How damn dare you @WarnerMedia?!?!?!
Oh, now I’m mad … https://t.co/tTscAQS6fJ
– Ray Fisher (@ ray8fisher) April 20, 2021 How dare you @WarnerMedia?!?!?! Oh, now I’m mad … ”
After Ray Fisher gave his answer, many came out to support the actor. Soon the hashtag #IStandWithRayFisher began to evolve again, as it did when Zack Snyder’s Justice League finally got released on HBO Max last March. Many fans of Zack Snyder and Ray Fisher are upset with WarnerMedia and how they have dealt with this situation so far. You can check out some of the tweets from these angry fans below.
We are eagerly awaiting the apology for Ray Fisher. #IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/K8u3VzlikG
– NQ Cole & Nana (@TheNerdQueens) April 20, 2021
Imagine ignoring your black employees about their experience of racism in your company and then posting this post #IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/ODxZS72TQO
– Notice (@IsThatClue) April 20, 2021
See you at the closed racists who “stand up” for clout … kings and queens.
Anyway, #IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/QX0WhnLHjJ
– Aaron tragedy (@aaronmichael_j) April 20, 2021
For years, Warner Media had full records of the Justice League producers and their Warner Bros. executives abusing and racially behaving towards Ray Fisher.
Yet they gave everyone work and protection while they dropped Ray Fisher off and gas-lit it.
Go yourself. # IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/tyGJxPmYvN
– Alles Zack Snyder (@AllThingsSnyder) April 20, 2021
You don’t fool anyone. # IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/GTWbdRvGmfpic.twitter.com/oITAEWurs8
– el🦇 (@brxcewaynes) April 20, 2021
Come on @WarnerMedia, do the right thing and apologize to @ ray8fisher and take responsibility for the injustices that have taken place under your observation https://t.co/f7V3KsrqnC
– The Batfleck movie #MakeTheBatfleckMovie (@BatfleckMovie) April 20, 2021
WB had the audacity to put out an anti-racist message for clout while they also have racist people running the company and firing a black man for speaking out …….. # IStandWithRayFisherpic.twitter. com / aMyPIWISan
– Lorena Eilhart @ (@llorebuffay) April 20, 2021
I mean. You fired Ray Fisher after exposing racists in your ranks. So this is really just hollow and performative. Use one hand to pat your back while trying to cover the mouths of the people who work for you with the other. #IStandWithRayFisherhttps: //t.co/OPgP0FckLP
– Kevin Dawson is at Justice Con (@DawsonforReal) on April 20, 2021
If this were true, an apology would have already been made to Justice League investigators, and Ray Fisher would still be in The Flash.
Please practice what you preach. #IStandWithRayFisher
A> E https://t.co/07tHL7tZKS
– TheFliteCast (@TheFliteCast) April 20, 2021
Warners make me physically sick. #IStandWithRayFisher
– Jessika Hannon #ZSJL (@ jessika7979) April 20, 2021